For all those gym bunnies out there, going on holiday can have an impact on your gym routine. Not knowing where to workout can take its toll, especially when your holiday revolves around eating out every meal and lounging by the pool. But don’t fret, we’ve put together some of our favourite activities to keep you active whilst travelling, even without a gym!
- Take advantage of the outdoors and get running. Luckily in Thailand, the weather is always warm and bright which makes running that much more pleasurable. Whether it’s exploring the roads of Phuket, a run on the sandy beaches or around Naiharn lake, there’s no excuses when it comes to running tracks in Phuket.
- Get exploring. Travelling often means finding hidden gems and exploring some secret nature trails. Put your sneakers on, get outdoors, be in nature and you won’t even feel like you’re exercising, we promise.
- Stay flexi. Lucky for all us, yoga is something that you can practice anywhere, at any time. As long as you have your mat, or even just a rug on the floor, you can get some deep stretches in and get that body moving. Not a keen yogi? No problem. If a sun salutation isn’t your style, getting in some basic full body stretches every morning can keep you feeling nimble and even get that heart pumping.
- If you’re regular fitness routine is all about lifting weights or cardio machines in the gym, use travelling as a time to switch things up. If you’re staying in hotel with a pool or have access to the beach, get swimming. Swimming is a fantastic exercise to get your whole body moving at once. Immersing yourself in water and getting some strokes in will leave you feeling fresh and revitalised, get that blood pumping and have you feeling weightless at the same time… it’s our favourite exercise to start (and even end) the day.
- Forget the weights and get into calisthenics. Bodyweight exercises will have you puffing and panting in no time. And the best bit… there’s no equipment needed. Just you and the floor. This type of exercising can have you seriously burning fat and building muscle. From push ups, to squats, planks and lunges, you’ll be feeling that burn.